You can define your own file content and layout using our custom export facility. This can also be used across multiple accounts using a custom date range.
To create a custom export profile, select the Data Export & File Repository menu from the Account Information header menu. Then select the option Create Customised Data Export.
You will need to complete the Data Export Information, fields marked with an * are mandatory:
- Description, a unique name that you can assign to this export profile.
- File Name, a unique name assigned to the created file.
- File Format, this is the format of the file that you want to create. The options available include:
- Tab separated value, the fields within each record will be separated by tabs.
- Comma separated value, the fields within each record will be separated by commas.
- Semicolon separated value, the fields within each record will be separated by semicolons.
- Fixed length Value, the fields within each record are presented in a fixed length.
- Content, this field determines the content and fields available in the file. You can select from prior days summary, prior days detail, current day summary, current day detail, both days summary and both days detail. The section on custom content availability illustrates the fields available per content type.
- Negative sign on amounts, this check box can selected to apply a negative sign on debit entries in the data file generated. This is an optional feature.
Next, select the accounts you require to be reported in the file. To select single or multiple accounts simply tick the box on the left located next to each account. For additional accounts to be added that are not listed, use the navigation buttons to review additional account listings.
Select the date range over which you require the data in the file to cover. Two options are available:
- Specify an actual date range using the calendar feature
- Choose from the options available under the relative date range.
Please note that some combinations of dates may not be appropriate to the content selected and the service may prompt you to select alternative options that are compatible.
With the Customised Export Profile, you have the option to define exactly which content you require in the data file and the position of this data relative to the format selected. Select the Customised Data Export button to access this feature.
You can define the exact content by choosing the fields required and their relative position in the file with additional options to sort by specific fields . The fields available depend on the type of content chosen, a description of all available fields are detailed below:
|Field Ref||Field Name||Field Value||Description|
|1||Account number||14n||this is the bank account number of the account.|
|2||Account name||30a||this is the code type and name of account product.|
|3||Product sub type||15a||this is the category of account.|
|4||Account currency||3n||this is the currency of the account|
|5||Bank ID||3a||this will always be SAN (short name of holding bank of account).|
|6||Bank name||9a||this will always be Santander (holding bank of account).|
|7||Opening Ledger balance||15n||this is the opening ledger balance over the dates selected.|
|8||Previous statement balance||15n||this is the previous balance before the dates selected.|
|9||Closing balance||15n||this is the closing ledger balance over the dates selected|
|10||Closing available balance||15n||this is the closing available balance over the dates selected.|
|11||Cleared balance||15n||this is the available balance over the dates selected.|
|12||Forecast balance||15n||this is only applicable when selecting a future period.|
|13||Transaction description||90a||this is a combination of the transaction code and description.|
|14||Transaction type||3n||this is the code of the transaction entry.|
|15||Debit / Credit indicator||1a||this indicates if the transaction is a debit (D) or credit entry (C).|
|16||Amount||15n||this is the value of the transaction.|
|17||Customer reference||30a||this is the information applied to the transaction by the originator.|
|18||Bank reference||22a||this is the transaction reference applied by the bank.|
|19||Number of credits||15n||this is the total number of credits over the dates selected.|
|20||Number of debits||15n||this is the total numbers of debits over the dates selected.|
|21||Amount of credits||15n||this is the total value of credits over the dates selected.|
|22||Amount of debits||15n||this is the total value of debits over the dates selected.|
|23||Ledger date||10a||this is the date of the transaction entry in DD/MM/YYYY format|
|24||Narrative||90a||this is the full narrative text applied to the transaction|
You can also specify an Amount Range which will apply a specific filter to the value of transaction entries presented in the file. This depends on the content type chosen.
Once you have defined the custom export profile, select Save to continue. You will then be asked to review the details specified before confirming. Select Confirm to finalise the export profile then select Return to Data Export Profiles. To schedule the download of your newly created Export Profile please refer to the section Scheduling an Export Profile.
As well as creating new Customised Export Profiles, you can also edit and delete existing export profiles under the Action column in the Data Export Profile menu.