Switch to Santander
When your business is looking for a different bank, a better bank, then consider a switch to Santander.
We believe in doing things differently and, like our customers, we value the importance of strong relationships. This means we understand which services, financing options, trade solutions and the international resources you need for fast, sustainable growth.
Five reasons to make the switch to Santander
1) Personal Local support with outstanding service. You’ll get a dedicated Relationship Director, with local knowledge and an understanding of your market. We’ll work with you to find the services and funding you need to grow your business the way you want.
You're also only a phone call away from our dedicated Commercial Service Centre team who will help you with your day-to-day banking needs. We have the UK’s top-rated service centre among our peers.1
2) Award-winning accounts. You’ll be with a bank that’s committed to supporting British businesses. We’ve been awarded Best Business Current Account Provider, by Business Moneyfacts, for an unprecedented 13 years running.
3) Answering your funding needs. You’ll have the choice of a range of funding solutions. Tell us what you need and your Santander Relationship Director will work with you to find the right option for your business. At Santander we are proud to report double-digit growth in our lending and support to UK companies during the past four years.
4) International expertise. With more branches and commercial clients across the globe than any other international bank, you’ll benefit from our expertise in helping businesses trade internationally. Identify and analyse international markets with our unique Trade Portal, connect with businesses across the world by joining the Trade Club, or even attend International Trade Missions with our Breakthrough programme.
5) Helping businesses Breakthrough. The Santander Breakthrough programme offers the UK’s most dynamic SMEs a suite of support initiatives, including access to a £200 million Breakthrough Growth Capital fund. Over 20 ambitious British companies have accessed the fund to support their fast-paced growth aspirations.
Switching to Santander
We’re proud that 4 out of 5 of our business customers2 would recommend us. And our customers are significantly more likely to stay with us in the coming year, when comparing customer loyalty between Santander and the peer average.1
Our dedicated switching team and your Santander Relationship Director will make your switch to Santander quick and simple. Santander is a member of the Current Account Switch Service, and this means we can switch eligible current accounts within 7 working days.3
For banking that’s Simple, Personal and Fair, get in touch with your nearest business centre.
Here's what our customers have to say about us
“Santander made the switching process easy. I’m singing their praises.”
Patrick Sowerby, owner of the Sowerby family farm
“We moved our day-to-day business banking to Santander. They work hard to understand our business opportunities and to accommodate our banking needs.”
Scott Malvenan, CEO of Sofa Brands International
“Having banked with an old-style bank for several years, the move to Santander has been refreshing and highly engaging.”
Julian Bashford, CEO of Vocality
1 The Charterhouse UK Business Banking Survey is an on-going telephone based survey designed to monitor usage and attitude of UK businesses towards banks. 17,000 structured telephone interviews are conducted each year among businesses of all sizes from new start-ups to large corporates with annual sales of £1bn. Data based on 5,617 interviews in year ending Q1’14 with businesses turning over 250k to 50m per annum and are weighted by region and turnover to be representative of businesses in Great Britain. Satisfaction based on a five point scale (% Exc/very good). The competitor set included in this analysis is Barclays, RBS, HSBC, Lloyds TSB and NatWest. The research was published May 2014.
2 GfK NOP Research: Santander Customer Satisfaction Survey Q2’14. 463 out of 586 Corporate customers gave scores 5, 6 or 7 in a scale of 1 to 7, where 7 is ‘Extremely likely to recommend’.
3 If your business is an SME with an annual turnover and/or balance sheet total that does not exceed £6.5 million and employs fewer than 50 people, or is a small charity with an annual income of less than £6.5 million or a small trust with a net asset value of less than £6.5 million – your account will be switched within 7 days – guaranteed.
Lending is subject to status.
You need to be an online banking customer of Santander Corporate & Commercial to gain full access to the Trade Portal and Trade Club. Santander Trade Portal is provided and managed by Export Entreprises S.A. Santander provides access to its client companies but is totally unrelated to the database contents, which are the responsibility of Export Entreprises S.A.
Taking part in Breakthrough does not guarantee access to all elements, as each programme is tailored to meet the individual requirements of the business. To find out more, register your interest, and to see if you are eligible, visit the Breakthrough website.
Available to you if your business would benefit from a relationship managed service
- Applications are subject to status and the right to decline any application is reserved.