Pharmacies are at the heart of high-street healthcare, and Santander understands the pressures facing this sector
High-street chemists and pharmacies play an essential role in promoting wellbeing and health in communities up and down the country. It is no secret that the UK government sees them as an important means of increasing the range of health services that can be accessed by the public via the high street.
At Santander we understand that the needs of this sector are complex and that pharmacy businesses large and small need a bank that will help them meet their financial objectives. Our pharmacy customers can take advantage of tailor-made products and services, including full capability online banking and a cost-effective interest-earning current account.
Since payments from the NHS Prescription Pricing Division can be unpredictable, pharmacies often need specialist help with cashflow. We offer invoice finance to unlock the value of your NHS FP34cs. Santander can forward 90% of the value of those invoices within 24 hours. The remaining value, less a small service fee, will be paid to you once your customer pays – real support to address payment gaps.
Pharmacies often require highly specialised fit-outs or technology installations and we can draw on the asset finance expertise within Santander to help meet your needs.
We look to support the growth ambitions of our customers, from first-time buyers of pharmacy businesses right up to larger chains. We are very open to supporting growth plans, especially through schemes operated via the European Investment Bank and the UK’s Funding for Lending scheme.
Relationship building is very important to Santander, so you’ll find Santander’s teams of Relationship Directors available across the country to discuss your business needs and use our sector knowledge to add value to your organisation.
- Tailored current account for pharmacies and high-street chemists with a transparent and competitive charging structure
- Online banking plus access to your account at around 11,500 Post Office branches nationwide
- Cashflow solutions including overdrafts and term loans
- Invoice finance to unlock the value of NHS prescription business
- Dedicated Relationship Directors provided through our growing network of regional banking centres
Note: Overdraft facility is available to Business Current Account-holders. Overdrafts and loan applications are subject to status and terms and conditions. The right to decline any application is reserved.
- An in-depth understanding of the pressures facing this sector
- Products and services specifically designed for chemists and pharmacies
- An appetite to assist growth businesses
- A commitment to building long-term relationships and understanding each business and its needs
- Dedicated Relationship Directors who network with other professionals active in this sector – such as accountants and lawyers – as well as experience gained from their own work across the healthcare sector
All high street and pharmacy businesses from single site operations to larger chains