Educational facilities are vital for UK economic growth – we offer clients a full range of facilities including day-to-day banking packages plus asset finance, senior debt and bond finance.
At Santander, we recognise the importance of the education sector to the intellectual capital and growth of the UK economy.
We have extensive experience across this sector and we provide day-to-day banking services for independent schools, sixth form and further education colleges and universities all over the UK.
As part of our work with schools, colleges and universities we also provide cash collection and merchant services, term loans, working capital finance, foreign exchange and treasury services, asset finance, bond finance as well as multi-million pound investment and development loans for capital projects.
We have an experienced education team who is in touch with regulatory bodies– such as the Independent Schools Bursars Association, Skills Funding Council, Education Funding Agency and the Higher Education Funding Council for England, Wales & Scotland – so we understand what’s happening in the wider regulatory context.
Our Relationship Directors are located in regional centres across the UK and our approach is based on listening to customer requirements and bringing innovative solutions to the table.
We have specific experience in assisting institutions with their estate strategies, and we’ve helped structure proposals from £500,000 up to £100 million, bringing together our expertise in development and investment proposals. We try to minimise set-up costs and liaise closely with our treasury experts to make sure our customers address their interest rate risks and take advantage of hedging wherever possible.
The Education sector is integral to Santander and our in-depth knowledge of these sectors enables our dedicated specialists to offer tailored solutions which will meet the strategic aims and objectives of educational institutions by converting aspirations into reality.
- Day-to-day banking, including full online banking facilities, cash collection and merchant services, including foreign currency capabilities
- Full range of competitive deposit accounts – ranging from instant access to fixed term accounts – designed for the education sector
- Asset finance to help fund the acquisition of specialised equipment and technology
- Senior debt, refinancing and development and investment loans for estate strategies
- Bond finance.
- A recognition of the importance of the education sector to the UK’s economic health
- Experienced, regional Relationship Directors who are in tune with the sector
- Accounts and other products and services aimed specifically at the education sector and a commitment to limiting set-up costs while meeting the capital requirements of the bank
- An innovative approach to complex funding needs
- Treasury management
- International services and expertise.
Independent schools for all age groups, further and higher education establishments and universities with needs ranging from day-to-day banking, up to multi-million pound estate projects.