We offer our agricultural business clients tailored banking and finance, and a deep understanding of the sector.
The UK’s agricultural sector is vital not only to the country’s overall economic health, but it also represents a core part of our business culture. Centuries of experience and widespread land-ownership within agriculture give the sector solid foundations.
At Santander, we understand that agricultural businesses need long-term support from their bankers and, as such, we are committed to offering the stability of an ongoing banking relationship. We have an excellent pedigree in this sector, supporting agriculture in many countries across the world. We take the business ambitions of our customers seriously and spend time understanding these ambitions, and how we can help you realise them.
If your business is expanding, we are willing to finance that growth, whether organic or via acquisitions. We can provide great value on day-to-day banking and deposit accounts, giving you flexibility and competitive rates of return. As you look to the future we can offer a tailored term loan, with fixed or variable interest rates, and a range of repayment options, including interest-only.
We also work in close partnership with the UK government to help customers access funds via the Funding for Lending scheme, as well as looking to Europe to tap into European Investment Bank funding.
We understand that farming is asset-intensive. Our expertise in asset finance means we can work flexibly with you to ensure you can invest in the latest equipment and technology without draining your reserves. Naturally, we also understand the seasonal nature of this business, so our overdrafts are flexible to address your cashflow needs.
All our agriculture directors are experienced agriculture specialists who understand the market and have a track record of successfully building relationships with farmers and associated agricultural businesses providing individual solutions and creating a sustainable business within the Agriculture Sector.
- Overdrafts* to address your working capital needs
- Term Loans for farm and land purchase and other long term projects**
- Asset Finance
- Treasury Risk service including currency and sterling hedging
- Commercial Insurance
- A tailored approach to your borrowing and working capital needs
- A deep understanding of the seasonality and capital expenditure needs within agricultural businesses
- A wide range of finance solutions
- A commitment to building long-term relationships and getting to know your business
- A willingness to work with all core operating sectors within agriculture
- Tailored insurance solutions to meet your individual business' farming and agriculture needs
* Overdraft facility is available to Business Current Account holders and is subject to circumstances.
** ANY PROPERTY USED AS SECURITY, WHICH MANY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- All farming and agriculture businesses, sole traders, partnerships and incorporated bodies
- Large-scale agricultural businesses with ambitious growth plans
- Stable owner-managed businesses with seasonality issues
- New or expanding businesses with a need to invest in land or equipment.