- Support provided for all impacted customers, be they a small business, sole trader, large company, homeowner, or renter
- Customers can call 0800 912 3123 with any enquiries
- Santander Foundation Community Plus fund in place to help impacted communities recover
Storm Desmond has caused widespread destruction across the North Western region of the UK. Thousands of people have been impacted following a record 340mm of rainfall in just 24 hours. Santander is providing the following support for its customers and communities, impacted by the floods:
- For farmers, we will extend current facilities for a period of up to 12 months on the same terms as their current arrangement.
- For small businesses, we will extend current facilities up to 6 months on existing terms. We will also consider additional support on a case-by-case basis.
- For mortgage customers, we will review each case on an individual basis based on their circumstances – this could mean payment holidays or converting mortgage loans to interest only.
- Customer overdraft extensions, be they business or personal, will be made without renewal or extension fees being levied.
- Santander’s insurance partner Aviva has a team on the ground in Cumbria helping customers already affected. For insurance customers concerned about a claim they can call Aviva on 0345 301 0661.
The Santander Foundation Community Plus fund provides grants to small, local charities that help disadvantaged people. This fund can help communities recover from the impact of the flooding. Customers and community groups can nominate local charity projects where a donation could help get them back on their feet. Grants of up to £5,000 are available to cover the costs of equipment or materials. Further information is available at www.santanderfoundation.org.uk
Nathan Bostock – Chief Executive Officer of Santander UK said, “The impact of this storm is devastating and our priority now is to support those affected. We are working with our customers and colleagues to find solutions that can help alleviate any financial stress caused by the recent flooding.
“I urge local charities in the impacted areas to apply to the Santander Foundation Community Plus fund so we can help communities get back on their feet as soon as possible.”
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
Santander UK is a financial services provider in the UK that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services. It has brought real competition to the UK, through its 1|2|3 products for retail customers and relationship banking model for UK SMEs. As at 30 June 2015, Santander UK was the most switched to bank, attracting 1 in 4 new retail customers. The bank serves more than 14 million active customers with c. 20,000 employees and operates through 900 branches and 68 regional Corporate Business Centres. Santander UK is subject to the full supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the UK. Santander UK plc customers are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK.
The Santander Foundation provides grants to UK registered charities that help disadvantaged people in communities where Santander has a presence. The Community Plus fund provides donations of up to £5,000 to small, local charities nominated by customers, staff and the charities themselves. Our Central Grants programme has grants of up to £10,000 available for education, training and financial capability projects. In 2014, £5 million was donated by the Santander Foundation to charities across the UK. For more information please visit: www.santanderfoundation.org.uk/
Banco Santander (SAN.MC, STD.N, BNC.LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, based in Spain, with a meaningful market share in 10 core countries in Europe and the Americas. Santander is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalization and among the top 12 banks on a global basis. Founded in 1857, Santander had EUR 1.51 trillion in managed funds, 12,910 branches and 190,000 employees at the close of June 2015. In the first half of 2015, Santander made ordinary attributable profit of EUR 3,426 million, a 24% increase.
Cecilia Cran Tel: 020 7756 4209 Mobile: 07789 651 947
Andy Smith Tel: 020 7756 4212 Mobile: 07824 473 338
The press office operates from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Outside of these hours please call 0800 5877708.
The new Apprenticeship Levy could help transport and logistics companies solve their recruitment problems and equip their workforces with…
Travelstar European Ltd, one of the West Midlands’ leading coach hire companies, has moved to larger premises in Portland Street, Walsall,…
Santander’s local Business Banking team recently held a Breakthrough Masterclass at the English Whisky Company, with local East Anglian…