Oxfordshire-based Pets At Home Vet Group, the largest veterinary joint venture group in the UK, with over 300 veterinary practices, operating under the Vets4Pets and Companion Care brands, is moving towards a long-term growth target of 700 UK practices.
Established in 2001, the Vet Group provides management services to veterinary practices across the UK. Practices are located within Pets At Home stores or as standalone units, which are supported by the Vet Group’s team under its highly successful joint venture business model.
In 2013, due to the strength and growth of the business, Vets4Pets was bought by retail giant Pets At Home and merged with Companion Care to form the largest veterinary joint venture group in the UK.
The £20 million commercial funding made available to the Joint Venture Practices from Santander Corporate & Commercial will be used to capitalise on this momentum, helping joint venture partners to open practices both in Pets At Home stores and at standalone locations. The additional growth will create a large number of skilled jobs.
Amanda Radford, Chief Financial Officer, Vet Group said: “Vets4Pets and Companion Care were formed to create opportunities for veterinary professionals to gain control of their careers by owning and running their own practices, and we are absolutely delighted with the growth of our business. Any veterinary professional looking for a joint venture partnership can benefit from the strength and support of the largest veterinary group in the UK, and the funding from Santander will help us realise our growth aspirations.”
Steve Bateman, Relationship Director, Santander Corporate & Commercial, said: “Vets4Pets and Companion Care have excelled in their chosen segment, finding strong demand for their services from vets and pet owners across the UK. The business model is extremely robust and I’m wholly confident of the company’s future strategy.”
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
Notes to editors
For Vets4Pets media enquiries please contact:
Amy Belcher 01327 820208 – email@example.com
About the PAH Vet Group
- Vets4Pets and Companion Care is part of the Pets At Home Vet Group, operated with their Joint Venture Partners.
- As at 19th September, Pets At Home operated 300 Vet practices across the UK, including 119 standalone and 181 in-store practices under the Vets4Pets and Companion Care brands.
- The Pets At Home Vet Group operates the only joint venture opportunity for ambitious veterinary surgeons in the UK veterinary market.
- The Vets Group is committed to delivering first class service and high standards of care in their national network of small animal veterinary practices. It achieves this through joint venture partnerships with experienced and ambitious veterinary surgeons
- Each Vets4Pets practice offers a comprehensive range of treatments from vaccinations, neutering, general healthcare and advice to the more specialised services of intensive care medicine and surgical procedures
For Santander Corporate & Commercial media enquiries, please contact:
Siobhan O’Shea 020 7756 4189 Mobile: 07789 651 947
Andy Smith 020 7756 4212 Mobile: 07824 473 338
The Santander Corporate & Commercial press office operates from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Outside of these hours please call 0800 5877708.
Santander announces breakthrough women in business mentoring programme in association with Cause4 .
When you’re an established business, recruiting top talent in all the areas you need can seem like a never-ending challenge.
If you’re a start-up or small business, how can you put together an attractive employee package to appeal to top talent – graduate and…
More than one million incidents of financial fraud occurred in the first six months of 2016, according to official figures released by…
Santander’s Head of SME International Mark Collings discusses why exporting to new global markets may provide businesses with new and…