Install Trusteer Rapport
We strongly recommend you download Rapport for extra protection. This malware protection software is free, easy to install and simple to use. It’ll work with any existing security software that you may have and it:
- Lets you know if you're using the genuine Santander website and not a fake one
- Provides a secure connection between your computer and Santander
- Identifies malware and neutralises it before it interacts with your online usage
- Provides you with added protection when accessing up to 100 other websites from your computer (which are not partner Rapport websites)
Why choose Rapport
- Safeguard your identity – identity theft is one of the fastest-growing threats in the UK
- Peace of mind – Rapport tells you that you really are connected to your bank, and not a fraudulent website.
- Protect your passwords – helps stop fraudsters accessing on your online banking details
- Well proven – Rapport was developed by the online security experts at Trusteer
- Easy to use and install – It's a simple and free download to each computer you use to bank online. Technical support is also available
- Specially configured for Santander – It is ready to help protect your online banking with Santander
- Flexible – once downloaded you can set up the software to protect any website that uses private or personal data
- Ahead of the game – Rapport doesn’t rely on constant updates to stop fraudsters
- Fast – Rapport is a small piece of software. It’s designed to let your computer work just as quickly as before
- Compatible – Works alongside your existing anti-virus and firewall protection
Make sure you download it to each computer you use for online banking so that you’re protected at all times.
Remember that Rapport will never ask you to provide any of your personal details.
So you know you’re protected, look out for the Rapport icon that appears next to your browser’s address bar
If the icon is green, you’re protected and your information is safe:
If the icon is grey, then Rapport isn’t safe-guarding your information:
If you need help once you’ve downloaded Rapport, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Which browsers and operating systems are supported by Rapport?
You can find details of these on their website:
Trusteer Rapport –Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Once I have downloaded the software, how will it look on my PC/ Mac?
Rapport protected site
Once installed Rapport will display an icon next to the Address Bar on the Web Browser. When you visit a site protected by Rapport, the icon will change from grey to green. Once installed Rapport will automatically protect all Trusteer ‘partner’ sites.
Site not protected by Rapport
If the site being visited is not a Trusteer ‘partner’ the Rapport icon will remain grey. This confirms that data being keyed to that site is not protected by Rapport.
- 2. I have Anti-Virus, why do I need Rapport?
Rapport can identify and neutralise the impact of banking malware. It works in harmony with Anti-Virus (AV) software, but can identify many strains of malware which can go undetected by AV software. Analysis of banking malware has identified that only around 25% can be detected by AV products. As such, it is strongly recommended that customers install both AV and Rapport on their PC/ Mac.
- 3. What Internet Browsers are supported by Rapport?
Most of the main Internet Browsers (Microsoft Internet Explore/ Apple Safari/ Firefox/ Google Chrome) are supported by Rapport, for a full list please visit www.trusteer.com/support
- 4. What if I have problems installing Rapport?
Trusteer offer free 24/7/365 support to help with the installation of Rapport. If you are having any issues installing Rapport please visit www.trusteer.com/support where they a Trusteer operative will be able to help with installation. This can be via online chat, or the you can request a call-back.
Contact us about fraud
If you think your Santander accounts have been compromised, or you may have given out your security details, please call us immediately on:
0800 085 2090