We’ve committed £200 million of mezzanine funding to support high-growth SMEs that have advanced comfortably beyond start-up stage.
Growth Capital is debt finance, which means you won’t have to sacrifice control or significant equity in your business. It’s flexible too, so you can use it to support your development or to fund capital expenditure.
Any business that qualifies for Growth Capital will find the due diligence process to be quicker and less expensive than for equity funding.
Companies that apply must demonstrate a compelling growth story – a combination of increased turnover, profits and employee numbers. They’ll also need to show that the funding they require is linked clearly to growth. Projects that would be viewed favourably might include:
- Investing in a new production line
- Implementing new technology
- Recruiting directors or other key personnel
- Exploring overseas markets
- Marketing and advertising initiatives or roll-out strategies
- New product development and research and development.
Our Growth Capital loans are an innovative way for you to obtain funding to invest in the growth of your business without the need to dilute your ownership, as would be the case with equity finance providers.