- Day-to-day banking
Our day-to-day banking services cover everything you need to run your company finances, from accepting credit card payments to paying your bills.
At Santander, we understand that to expand your operation you need access to finance. Here you’ll find a range of options suited to short and long-term needs.
- International trade
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to businesses with ambitions to grow beyond traditional markets.
Our extensive local networks and knowledge around the world means we’re ideally placed to support your international trade plans. Let us help you uncover the path to international success.
- Sectors expertise
Our sector specialists are here to help you prosper.
We understand the complexity and evolving needs of businesses in a wide range of industries. Our experts will work with you to help turn your aspirations into reality.
Santander Connect Help Centre
Our online help centre is always here when you need it.
There are a variety of different payment statuses within the service and these depend on the state the payment is in. Payment statuses can be grouped into three simple processing states;
With Customer – For the customer to action
With Bank – For the bank to process
Completed – No further action is needed
- Incomplete: The payment is saved as incomplete and pending further information, amendment or further action before it can be submitted for processing.
- Awaiting First Authorisation: The payment has been submitted and is awaiting authorisation.
- Awaiting Second Authorisation: The payment has completed first authorisation and now requires second authorisation before processing (not always applicable)
- Expired: The payment has not been fully authorised and specified payment date has elapsed. Please note for all future dated payment, the payment must be fully authorised before the payment date specified, otherwise it will expire.
- In Progress: The payment has been fully authorised by the customer and is being processed, a number of validations and standard bank checks are now taking place.
- Pending: The payment has been fully authorised by the customer and the bank. The payment is waiting for the next payment batch to be despatched.
- Active: The payment has been fully authorised by the customer but the payment date specified is in the future and the payment has been scheduled for future processing. This payment will not enter the In Progress status until the specified date of the payment. The payment may be cancelled or amended until this point in time.
- Despatched: The payment has been successfully processed and the payment has been sent to the bank of beneficiary as specified.
- Cancelled: The payment instruction has been cancelled and removed from processing – one of your users had cancelled the payment.
- Failed: The payment has been fully authorised but failed during the being processed by the bank. This would have resulted where one or more standard bank checks were unsuccessful.
- Partially Despatched: This status is unique to bulk payments and represents the situation where one or more credits of the Bulk Payment have been successfully Despatched but on or more of the credits have failed processed.