- Day-to-day banking
Our day-to-day banking services cover everything you need to run your company finances, from accepting credit card payments to paying your bills.
At Santander, we understand that to expand your operation you need access to finance. Here you’ll find a range of options suited to short and long-term needs.
- International trade
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to businesses with ambitions to grow beyond traditional markets.
Our extensive local networks and knowledge around the world means we’re ideally placed to support your international trade plans. Let us help you uncover the path to international success.
- Sectors expertise
Our sector specialists are here to help you prosper.
We understand the complexity and evolving needs of businesses in a wide range of industries. Our experts will work with you to help turn your aspirations into reality.
Santander Connect Help Centre
Our online help centre is always here when you need it.
Managing Standing Orders
A Standing Order is an instruction from you to your bank to pay a nominated Payee account the same amount from your account. You specify the date of collection, which is normally the same date each month.
Once you have agreed those, the money is deducted automatically. To change the amount and/or date of collection, you must instruct your bank to change the Standing Order.
- Step A. Go to the Payments tab and select ‘Standing Orders’ from the left-hand menu.
- Step B. In Standing Orders select ‘Set up a Standing Order’ located at the bottom of the page
- Step C. Enter the payment details.
- Fields marked with * are mandatory
- Fields marked with ** are part of the complex standing order set up
- Step D. Review and Confirm the Standing Oder. Once the Standing Order payment details have been completed select ‘Continue’. Then press ‘Confirm’ to complete the set-up of a new Standing Order.
- Debit Account: Specify the Debit Account you would like to use to make the payment. You can use the magnifying glass (account search facility) to select a valid Debit Account.
- *Beneficiary Details: Specify the beneficiary details (beneficiary name and beneficiary account) by either typing in the beneficiary details or by selecting your favourite beneficiaries.
- Credit Account Reference: Specify a credit account reference which will be displayed on the beneficiary’s accounts statement
- *Recurring Payment Amount: Enter the regular payment amount that you wish to be sent each time the standing order is processed.
- *First Payment Date: Enter the date you wish the first payment to be sent on.
- **Regular Payment Date: If you are setting up a complex Standing Order you can specific a regular payment date that is different to the first payment date. This date is the date that the Standing Order will continue to be sent on after the first payment has been made.
- **First or Last Payment Amounts: If you are setting up a complex Standing Order you can specific different amounts for first and last payments of the Standing Order.
- *Final Payment: Enter details of the final payment of the Standing Order. You can specify to end a Standing Order on a particular date, after a defined number of payments or to keep being paid until you cancel the Standing Order at a later date.
- *Payment Frequency: Enter the frequency of the standing Order. Standing Orders can be sent weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly, Yearly, Fortnightly or Four weekly.
Yes, Standing Orders are facility to schedule reoccurring faster payments of the same value to the same beneficiary at a frequency determined by you.
No, Standing Order payments will leave the account on the next available business day.
- Step A. Go to the ‘Payments’ tab and select ‘Standing Orders’ from the left-hand menu.
- Step B. In Standing Orders select the account that pays the current Standing Order
- Step C. Select the Standing Order you wish to cancel and you will be given the option to cancel.
Please note: Cancelling a standard order will need to be authenticated by using your security device.