- Day-to-day banking
Our day-to-day banking services cover everything you need to run your company finances, from accepting credit card payments to paying your bills.
At Santander, we understand that to expand your operation you need access to finance. Here you’ll find a range of options suited to short and long-term needs.
- International trade
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to businesses with ambitions to grow beyond traditional markets.
Our extensive local networks and knowledge around the world means we’re ideally placed to support your international trade plans. Let us help you uncover the path to international success.
- Sectors expertise
Our sector specialists are here to help you prosper.
We understand the complexity and evolving needs of businesses in a wide range of industries. Our experts will work with you to help turn your aspirations into reality.
Santander Connect Help Centre
Our online help centre is always here when you need it.
Inter-account transfers (IAT’s) (Domestic)
Inter-Account Transfers (IAT’s) or Account Transfers are simply internal fund movements between your own accounts online. The transfer of funds from one account to another will happen immediately pending authorisation (if required) and standard bank checks.
- Sterling IATs / Account transfers allows the transfer of funds between your own sterling accounts (GBP to GBP)
- Currency IATs / Account transfers allows the transfer of funds between your own currency accounts with Connect.
To use the IAT facility, both the debit and credit account must be registered in Santander Connect. You are not able to use the IAT facility for accounts not registered within the service.
Inter-Account Transfers (IAT’s) or Account Transfers are simply internal fund movements
- Step 1. Go to the ‘Payment’ tab and select ‘Make a Payment’ from the left-hand menu. Select ‘Sterling IAT’ from within the Inter-Account Transfer section.
- Step 2. Enter the Transfer details (fields marked with * are mandatory) or use the magnifying glass to select from your Favourite Accounts.
- Step 3. Enter the details of the Credit Account. Again, you can use the magnifying glass to select from your Favourite Accounts.
- Step 4. Check all payment details are correct and then press ‘Make Payment button’ at the bottom of the payment instruction. If all payment details are correct, you will be asked to "Confirm Payment". The Summary screen will indicate the payment is pending final authorisation before it is processed.
You can instruct IATs at the weekend and they will show on statements with a payment date of the next available business day.
IAT payments can be sent up until 11:55pm and be received by the beneficiary on the same day.
Once an IAT payment has been processed, you cannot cancel the payment and you will need to make a corresponding reverse payment between the accounts.
IAT payments involve the transfer of funds internally between your own accounts, these types of payments are treated differently within the service as they carry less security risk.
By default, you security device is only required for IAT payments if the value of the payment exceeds the IAT authorisation trigger value. This can be changed by your administrator from the default value. This applies to both GBP and Currency IAT payments.