- Day-to-day banking
Our day-to-day banking services cover everything you need to run your company finances, from accepting credit card payments to paying your bills.
At Santander, we understand that to expand your operation you need access to finance. Here you’ll find a range of options suited to short and long-term needs.
- International trade
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to businesses with ambitions to grow beyond traditional markets.
Our extensive local networks and knowledge around the world means we’re ideally placed to support your international trade plans. Let us help you uncover the path to international success.
- Sectors expertise
Our sector specialists are here to help you prosper.
We understand the complexity and evolving needs of businesses in a wide range of industries. Our experts will work with you to help turn your aspirations into reality.
Santander Connect Help Centre
Our online help centre is always here when you need it.
You can authorise a payment during the payment creation process (from the summary confirmation screen) or from the payment authorisation menu after the payment has been created.
To authorise a payment from the payment authorisation menu, there are two options available.
- Step A. From the main Authorise Payments screen, click the Payment Reference to view the payment instruction and then select Authorise.
Alternatively, select the View Payments Pending your Authorisation feature and select the applicable check box of the payment that needs to be authorised and click Authorise.
- Step B. To continue with authorisation of the selected payment, review the details of the payment instruction carefully and then complete the signature authentication request using your security device.
- Step C. Following successful authorisation you will see an Authorisation Summary screen confirming your payment instruction has been issued to the bank for processing.
Please note, successful authorisation of the payment does not guarantee final confirmation of the payment instruction. A number of standard checks will be undertaken on the payment during processing by the bank. You should always check the status of your payments using the Manage Single Payments Search Payments or Manage Bulk Payments facilities within the Payment tab.
To view and authorise a payment you will need the appropriate payment authorisation service for the type of payment you wish to authorise. You will need to consult your Administrator to ensure you have the required services.
- Step A: From the Payments tab, select Authorise Payments from the left hand menu. This will display all payments currently pending authorisation and payments that have expired as a result of not being authorised in time. Please note, some payments may be listed on additional pages, click ‘next’ from the navigation buttons to review subsequent pages of payment listings.
- Step B: If you wish to find a specific payment to authorise you can refine the list of payments presented by using one of the search parameters – Payment Type, Payment Status or enter a Date Range. Then click ‘Search.’
- Step C: By clicking ‘View Payments Pending Your Authorisation’ you can view the payments pending your authorisation and remove any expired payments from view.
Yes, you can authorise up to 300 payments at any one time. To authorise multiple payments at the same time
- Step A: Select the ‘View Payments Pending your Authorisation’ feature from the main Authorise Payments screen. Then choose the Select All Payments check box, this selects all payments presented on the screen being viewed. To select more payments on additional screens, click Next to view all subsequent pages and check the Select All Payments box on each page. The selection on the previous pages will not be lost and will remain. You can select up to 300 payments for a single authorisation.
Once all payments have been selected click Authorise to authorise the payments.
- Step B: To continue with authorisation of the selected payments, complete the signature authentication request using your security device.
Step C: Following successful authorisation you will see an Authorisation Summary screen confirming your payment instructions have been issued to the bank for processing.
Please note, successful authorisation of the payments does not guarantee final confirmation of the payment instructions. A number of standard checks will be undertaken on the payments during processing by the bank. You should always check the status of your payments using the Manage Single Payments or Manage Bulk Payments facilities.
The User Payment Authorisation Limit where used represents the maximum payment amount the given user can authorise. It is configured on a user's own profile and therefore can be different for each and every user.
Please consult your Administrator to understand your User Payment Authorisation Limit if applicable.
There are a number of reasons why you cannot authorise a payment
- The payment value is above your individual user authorisation limit:
You will only be able to authorise payments up to your individual user authorisation limit. For queries around your authorisation limit please speak your administrator.
- Your user role may not have the privileges to authorise payments
If you cannot see the “authorise payments” left hand menu under the payment tab then you are unable to authorise payments. For access to authorise payments please speak to your administrator
- You do not have enough funds available in the debit account
If there is insufficient funds in the debiting account then you will not be able to authorise a payment